We love this Guilt-Free Fudge recipe by holistic whole food dietitian and gut health expert Jenna Volpe of Whole-istic Living, LLC. Even better, it’s cookie dough fudge, so you get to eat your two favorite treats in one!
Why is this a never-fear dessert?
It’s loaded with protein collagen peptides that aid in building muscle mass. These fudgy delights also use lots of healthy fats like cashew butter and coconut oil or ghee that help your body to regulate hormone production and lower insulin levels, signaling you to eat less and actually shed body fat. Saturated fats also fire up your metabolism. Low-fat diets can cause your metabolism to become sluggish and spike glucose levels which can increase body fat and cellulite.
Need more reasons?
The recipe calls for very little sweeter expect for raw honey and Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips which contain minimal sugar and are allergen-free. (Note: Also try Lilly’s Organic Chocolate Chips which contain zero sugar and are safe for diabetics and low-glycemic diet restrictions.)
This treat is not only good for your body, but your brain too! Studies have shown that consuming proper amounts of healthy fats assists with cognitive function, memory, and may even help to balance your mood.
This dessert is also great for kids as a non-sugary, anti-stimulatory treat. (Wink, Wink! Perfect for Halloween!)
Cookie Dough Fudge with Collagen Peptides Recipe
By Jenna Volpe, RD, LDN of Whole-istic Living, LLC
- 1/2 cup Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 cup organic coconut butter or cashew butter
- 1/2 cup of fat: choose either ghee, grass-fed butter, or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp – 1/4 cup of Enjoy Life brand Chocolate Chips or Lilly’s Zero Sugar Dark Chocolate Chips
- In food processor, add first two ingredients and blend completely.
- Next, add all remaining ingredients and continue to blend until you have a cookie-dough-like consistency.
- Transfer to bowl and enjoy immediately; or place in candy molds or fudge tray; then refrigerate to get fudge-like consistency!
Recipe Is: Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Non-GMO
Whole-istic Living, LLC
10 Cedar Street, Suite 24
Woburn, MA, United States
Products We Love For This Recipe: