Are you trying to bake vegan or egg-free but can’t seem to find that magical ingredient that holds it all together?
Try this EASY Egg Replacement Recipe Using Organic Flax Seed or Flax Meal from Bob’s Red Mill.
- Did you know that flax and chia seeds are good for cleansing and detoxing?
Flax when ingested forms a gelatinous water-soluble bulk that helps to remove built up bile salts from your liver and increase intestinal motility. If your liver is stagnant, then most likely, so is your digestion. Keeping your digestive organs nourished and cleansed is one of the keys to healthy elimination without irritation (such as bloating). Flax and chia are rich in fiber, antioxidants and healthy fats like omega 3s – all vital to rid the body of toxins.
Here are a few more reasons why we love flax seed and how it may improve your health!
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels – raises good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol
- Helps to clean and reduce plaque in arteries
- Supports live and kidney function
- Contains one of the highest sources of lighans – potent antioxidant
- Fiber-rich and supports digestion and intestinal motility
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Helps to reduces inflammation
Flax Seed Egg-Replacement Recipe
- 1 tbsp organic flax meal or flax seed
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- NOTE: This equals 1 egg replacement. Double, triple, etc. for recipes calling for more eggs.
Combine flaxseed meal and water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Add this ingredient to your recipe as you would the eggs.
Make anything from pancakes to cakes and breads and more!